Software as a service is a software licensing and delivery model in which software is licensed on a subscription basis and is centrally hosted. It is sometimes referred to as "on-demand software", and was formerly referred to as "software plus services".
SaaS is typically accessed by users using a thin client via a web browser. SaaS has become a common delivery model for many business applications, including office and messaging software, payroll processing software, DBMS software, management software, CAD software, development software, gamification, virtualization, accounting, collaboration, customer relationship management (CRM), management information systems (MIS), enterprise resource planning (ERP), invoicing, human resource management (HRM), talent acquisition, content management (CM), and service desk management.
SaaS has been incorporated into the strategy of nearly all leading enterprise software companies.
If you are entirely new to SaaS below will give you a fundamental understanding of what exactly is SaaS -
(1) SaaS stands for Software as a Service & is also sometimes known as On Demand software.
(2) The service provider (company) who has also created the SaaS solution is commonly known as SaaS Vendor.
(3) Software as a Service in simplest means that you are going to pay a monthly, quarterly (or) yearly rent to the company who is going to provide you the facility to use their software.
The software renting terms are created by a SaaS Vendor.
(4) The only 2 things you will need to use a SaaS software are a) An internet connection b) Web Browser.
(5) A SaaS Vendor (In this case Infogird Informatics Pvt Ltd) who has created a SaaS solution independently manages all IT infrastructure to keep the software up and running always.
Your only job is to use the SaaS solution while leaving all the hard work to the SaaS Vendor.
You using a SaaS solution is like you taking a house on a rent and paying a recurring rent for using it while leaving all the responsibilities of maintaining the house to the landlord who owns the house. The day you stop living in the rented house your monetary relationship with the landlord ends.
(6) A good SaaS Vendor will always enthusiastically give you all product support after you complete their formalities to start using the SaaS solution which they have created for your business.
HRGird is a modern, web based, comprehensive easy to use Human Resource Management software for forward thinking organizations. HRGird helps HR managers & business owners to save their time significantly by making all day to day HR management processes digital, paperless, automated, so that they use the time they have saved as a result of using HRGird, to do what really matters for their businesses & not on they doing traditional paper based clerical HR management processes daily.